Re: foreign_data test fails with non-C locale

From: Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Guillaume Smet <guillaume(dot)smet(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: foreign_data test fails with non-C locale
Date: 2009-01-24 11:18:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andrew Dunstan píše v pá 23. 01. 2009 v 23:57 -0500:

> Zdenek Kotala wrote:
> > Andrew Dunstan píše v pá 09. 01. 2009 v 12:16 -0500:
> >

> >> Sure, we can easily have buildfarm's initdb step set any locale (and
> >> encoding, for that matter) we like. That's a simple change.
> >>

> > Will be possible to set more locales and run tests without recompilation
> > on all of them? For example I have installed all Solaris'es locales on
> > my animal, but currently it means that I need perform whole cycle for
> > each locale.
> >

> I'm working on this. Yes, you will be able to specify a list of locales
> to check. For each locale the following tests will be run:
> installcheck, pl-installcheck, and contrib-installcheck.

thanks

> However, our tests are still a bit short of working across locales.

Yes, they are. Peter cleaned up some of them, but there are still open
issues. And MacOS has broken locale which is different problem.

> PL-check gives the diff below on PLTCL tests under en_US locale. I guess
> the simplest answer is to add an alternative result file.

Yes, I thought about add locale suffix for alternative result file, but
it could be useless overhead.

But some tests can be modified. For example

select * from T_pkey1 order by key1 using @<, key2;

can be rewritten as

select * from T_pkey1 order by key1 using @<, key2::name;

Zdenek