Re: AIX 4.3 getaddrinfo busted

From: Andrew Chernow <ac(at)esilo(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: AIX 4.3 getaddrinfo busted
Date: 2009-01-23 15:12:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> If you really want this platform to work, I would submit a patch that
> tests for a C compiler symbol or #define that is only defined for that
> platform and make service = null in that case.

I am not aware of such an animal. I looked at the output of " touch x.c
&& gcc -v -dM -E x.c" but didn't find anything when compared to AIX 6.1.
We could set one in configure (like _AIXVER43) or use _AIX + uname().

How about checking for the failure case, where getaddrinfo returns
EAI_NODATA on _AIX with a non-NULL servname. If that happens, call
getaddrinfo again with a NULL servname.

--
Andrew Chernow
eSilo, LLC