foreign_data test fails with non-C locale

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: foreign_data test fails with non-C locale
Date: 2009-01-09 14:12:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The foreign_data test case is failing when I run "make installcheck"
against a server that's been initialized with a locale other than C
(en_GB.UTF-8).

The reason is the different ordering of upper and lower case characters,
per attached diff file. We can simply add an alternative expected output
file, but I'd prefer not to if we can modify the test case instead. We
could rename some of the object so that they sort the same in all
locales, but that seems a bit awkward in this case.

--
Heikki Linnakangas

Attachment Content-Type Size
regression.diffs text/plain 8.5 KB