Re: [pgsql-es-fomento] Pootle server request

From: Diego Gil <diego(dot)gil(at)maipucinos(dot)com(dot)ar>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-es-fomento(at)postgresql(dot)org, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-es-fomento] Pootle server request
Date: 2008-12-10 19:22:46
Lists: pgsql-es-fomento pgsql-www

Peter Eisentraut escribió:
> Diego Gil wrote:
>> From talks with Alvaro Herrera and David Fetter, it seems that a
>> very good option is to implement a Pootle server to coordinate all
>> the translations efforts and have some tools designed to help keeping
>> translations updated. While initially is for spanish translations,
>> the same infrastructure could be quickly used by other foreing
>> comunities.
>
> Would you use this only for documentation or also for messages? If
> the latter, would this preclude editing the PO files in other ways
> (locally in an editor)? Is there an example installation of this
> Pootle somewhere?

Could be used for both, if needed. In fact, I think it will probe very
useful for messages too. Editing po files could be done in two ways :
online and the usual dowload-translate-upload cycle. We don't have a
public Pootle server implemented (I have one on my personal notebook for
testing and learning) but you can check the "official" Pootle server:

http://pootle.locamotion.org/

Regards,
Diego.