Case studies

From: Elvis Henríquez <henriquez(dot)elvis(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Case studies
Date: 2007-11-27 03:34:09
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello everybody.

Rather than asking for a technical detail or writing about a problem,
I'm asking for up-to-date case studies involving PostgreSQL.

The company where I'm actually working is migrating some apps; one
requires a Data Warehouse, and I'm proposing PostgreSQL, but they're
thinking of Oracle, as the system has one table (among others) with 20
fields and more then 19 millions of records, and this exists for 2
subcompanies, which are actually in different databases, but the
migration project implies joining the two subcompanies data.

This amount of data is the result of 8 years of usage, and the data
growing rate has increased in the last two years.

They asked me for case studies that shows this, so they can go ahead
with the migration to PostgreSQL.

The ones shown in "http://www.postgresql.org/about/casestudies/" are
out-dated and don't show amount of records or database/table size or
growth.

I hope you could help me with this.