[TextSearch] syntax error while parsing affix file

From: Daniel Chiaramello <daniel(dot)chiaramello(at)golog(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [TextSearch] syntax error while parsing affix file
Date: 2008-11-28 14:43:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello everybody.

I am using Postrges 8.3.5, and I am trying to install a bulgarian ISpell
dictionary (the OpenOffice one) for Textsearch features.

I converted the dictionary encoding to UTF-8, and I installed it in the
"tsearch_data" folder.

But when I try to create the dictionary, I have a syntax error:

CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY bulgarian_ispell (
TEMPLATE = ispell,
DictFile = bulgarian_utf8,
AffFile = bulgarian_utf8,
StopWords = english
);
ERREUR: erreur de syntaxe
CONTEXTE : ligne 24 du fichier de configuration «
/usr/share/pgsql/tsearch_data/bulgarian_utf8.affix » : « . > А
»

(it means ERROR: syntax error, CONTEXT: line 24 of configuration file ...)

Extract of the file arount that line:

flag *A:
. > А (this is line 24)
. > АТА
. > И
. > ИТЕ

The file has Unix end_of_lines (I suspected something like that since
the "CONTEXT" error line was split on 2 lines).

I'm really lost on how I can go further with the bulgarian dictionary...
Could you help me, please?

Thanks for your attention!
Daniel Chiaramello