Re: pgsql: Add support for matching wildcard server certificates to the new

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Add support for matching wildcard server certificates to the new
Date: 2008-11-24 13:43:09
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> mha(at)postgresql(dot)org (Magnus Hagander) writes:
>> Add support for matching wildcard server certificates to the new SSL code.
>> This uses the function fnmatch() which is not available on all platforms
>> (notably Windows), so import the implementation from NetBSD into src/port.
>
> This has broken buildfarm member grebe ...

Grr.

Seems it doesn't define FNM_CASEFOLD. I guess it's not supported on AIX.

An easy fix would be a simple
#ifndef FNM_CASEFOLD
#define 0
#endif

that'll basically turn of the functionality. The other option is to have
autoconf substitute our own local version of fnmatch when this happens.
How would one go about to do that in autoconf asks the autoconf n00b?

//Magnus