Re: extending functionality strategy

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Gevik Babakhani <pgdev(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Cc: 'Dave Page' <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: extending functionality strategy
Date: 2008-10-29 10:38:51
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Gevik Babakhani a écrit :
> Hi Dave,
>
> Thank you for reviewing :)
>
>> - The buttons should not become active when viewing an existing type.
> Done.

They're still active for me.

>> - The background of the button area needs to be transparent.
>> See the attached screenshot and you'll see why.
>
> Making the background transparent (for wxPanel) proved to be very hard in
> wxWidgets. After a lot of googling and testing I managed to imitate the
> background gradient. I do this only for wxWIN. It should work without this
> hack on wxGTK and wxMAC.

I just checked on GTK. It works.

>> - Please follow existing naming conventions - eg. use
>> ctlListItemArranger, per the other custom controls.
>
> Done. (I hope I did it right)
>
> Please find the changes in a new patch to review. Please also run embed-xrc
> again.
>
> I have also modified the .mk files. But at this moment I have no way of
> testing on wxGTK and wxMAC.

include/images/ctllistitemarrangerFirst.xpm should be renamed
include/images/ctlListItemArrangerFirst.xpm (notice the upper case in
the filename).

I still need to read the code but it seems a good addition. Thanks, Gevik.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org