Re: extending functionality strategy

From: "Gevik Babakhani" <pgdev(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: "'Dave Page'" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: extending functionality strategy
Date: 2008-10-29 09:57:58
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave,

Thank you for reviewing :)

> Looks good on Windows, but is a little borked on Mac (see the
> attached screenshot). Unfortunately I'm still pretty busy
> atm, so haven't had time to figure out exactly what is wrong
> with the XRC code - I played for 10 minutes or so, but didn't
> get anywhere. It did strike me though that we really
> shouldn't have to deal with this in every XRC file anyway -
> that's just a chore as we move forward. I think the derived
> control is perhaps the best option - and I'm not sure it
> would actually be any more work than getting this right.

I think I know what it is. It is the item padding within the sizers that
need to be tweaked a little. I have also investigated this with a derived
control. It proved to be very hard to add composite elements within a
wxListCtrl, that is why I gave up on that solution.

I understand you are very busy atm. This has no rush. Perhaps I can play
around a little more to see if I can find a solution. I need to find
somewhere to test this on a MAC :)

Kind regards,
Gevik.