Re: Website request -- developer docs along with release docs

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: Webb Sprague <webb(dot)sprague(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Website request -- developer docs along with release docs
Date: 2008-10-27 18:01:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Webb Sprague wrote:
> Could I request that a link to the developer docs be posted along with
> the release docs on
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/manuals/

they are already referenced in the development section of the website:

http://www.postgresql.org/developer/testing

I'm not sure we actively should put them on the same page as the release
docs - I could imagine people getting confused about that.

> ?
>
> First -- it is interesting. Second, if one is running CVS HEAD for
> testing (always a service to the community, if not your data), they
> are the appropriate docs. Finally, it gives users a chance to see why
> they might want to upgrade (for example by browsing the awesome
> windowing capabilities, etc).

well to get -HEAD one has likely go the the development/testing section
of the website and btw windowing functions are not yet in :-)

Stefan