Re: August's LAPUG meeting location

From: Charles Wyble <charles(at)thewybles(dot)com>
To: Richard Broersma <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Los Angles PostgreSQL Users Group <lapug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: August's LAPUG meeting location
Date: 2008-07-28 17:06:45
Lists: lapug

Richard Broersma wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 9:05 AM, Charles Wyble <charles(at)thewybles(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> There is a Dennys in El Monte with a nice back room. No internet though. I
>> don't know a location in SGV works for everyone. :)
>> There is also a Dennys in Van Nuys that has a back room, and one in
>> Northridge.
>>
>> So if people would like to meet in the SGV or SFV then I am happy to provide
>> further details and can even make the reservation.
>>
>> Nice thing about Dennys is that it has food. Granted it may not be the best
>> food, but it's something of a variety and everyone can
>> buy there own.
>>

> This is a good idea! I didn't know that this option existed.

Yeah. It's pretty cool. The San Fernando Valley LUG (SFVLUG) has been
meeting at Denny's for years (about 10 or so that I have been going).
> I'm going to guess that SGV = San Gabriel Valley and SFV = San
> Fernando Valley :-)

Ah yes. My apologies. Your guess is correct. :)
> So the options open to use are:
>
> City of Garden Grove (on permission by Noel or Geoff )
> Secom International (on Permission by Matthew)
> Cal-Poly Pomona (on Permission by CS Club President)
> Cal-Tech Pasadena (on Permission by Department Chair)
> Dennys El-Monte
> Dennys Van Nuys
> Dennys Northridge
>
> Should we take a pole?

Sounds good to me. I don't know where the (majority) of people are
coming from, and am willing to commute
anywhere in the greater LA area. So I'm down for anything.

--
Charles Wyble (818) 280 - 7059
http://charlesnw.blogspot.com