Integral PG DB replication

From: "Gauthier, Dave" <dave(dot)gauthier(at)intel(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Integral PG DB replication
Date: 2010-07-26 16:09:04
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi:

Will DB replication be integral in v9? If so, when (approx) will that be out?

I have a need for this functionality to replicate a read-only copy of a DB where the master and slave are 2 time zones away. Estimating DML traffic, I'd say maybe a few dozen writes per hour, but busty, plus near 100% of them will be inside of a 10 hour period/day. (I realize that this would probably be considered very low by most standards).

This is a production DB, so I'm not too keen on being a V9 beta site. Actually, I am, but my management wil not be :-) .

-dave