Re: Index AM change proposals, redux

From: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
To: Ron Mayer <rm_pg(at)cheapcomplexdevices(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Index AM change proposals, redux
Date: 2008-04-24 08:11:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Interesting. Does this mean that down the road a postgis index
> might be GIT-ified?

Only if GiST will support GIT, but I don't follow on this discussion. In any
case, GIT on GiST will not be so effective as on Btree, because GiST doesn't
guarantee that all close values will be close in index: it's possible to have
several clusters (groups) with close values in different parts of index.

WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/