[Pljava-dev] stack depth limit exceeded - patch possible?

From: woehrer at par(dot)univie(dot)ac(dot)at ( Alexander Wöhrer )
Subject: [Pljava-dev] stack depth limit exceeded - patch possible?
Date: 2008-04-21 16:17:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers pljava-dev

Dear Kris,

thank you very much for building a patched version for me -
unfortunatelly I ran into the following problem after replacing the
pljava.jar and pljava.dll with the patched ones from your archive:

4376DEBUG: Added JVM option string
"-Dsqlj.defaultconnection=jdbc:default:connection"
4376DEBUG: Added JVM option string "vfprintf"
4376DEBUG: Added JVM option string "-Xrs"
4376DEBUG: Creating JavaVM
4376DEBUG: JavaVM created
4376DEBUG: Getting Backend class pljava.jar
4376DEBUG: Backend class was there
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: _fetch
4376WARNING: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: _fetch
4376DEBUG: Destroying JavaVM...
4376DEBUG: JavaVM destroyed
4376ERROR: Unable to register native methods
4376STATEMENT: select * from evaluate($1, $2 ) as result
984DEBUG: autovacuum: processing database "postgres"
3692DEBUG: autovacuum: processing database "postgres"
4424DEBUG: autovacuum: processing database "postgres"
2408DEBUG: autovacuum: processing database "postgres"
844DEBUG: autovacuum: processing database "postgres"
4444DEBUG: autovacuum: processing database "postgres"
5280DEBUG: autovacuum: processing database "postgres"
6140DEBUG: autovacuum: processing database "postgres"
5780DEBUG: autovacuum: processing database "postgres"
4160DEBUG: autovacuum: processing database "postgres"
4376LOG: could not receive data from client: Unknown winsock error 10061
4376LOG: unexpected EOF on client connection
5540DEBUG: autovacuum: processing database "postgres"

Looks like something went wrong pretty early (as I don't get any output
in my log4j logs I got before) - any suggestions?

Regards,

Alexander

Kris Jurka schrieb:

> On Thu, 17 Apr 2008, Alexander W?hrer wrote:
>
>> should be changed to the new return _move(.....) as well as done for
>> the return _fetch(...).
>
> Right, good catch.
>
>> As I never built postgresql nor pljava local on my Win XP maschine I
>> installed mingw and msys, set msys\bin in my path and tried to build
>> the pl/java release with
>>

> Building on mingw can be tricky because you can't build pljava against
> the official 8.3 binaries because they get built with MSVC and don't
> provide some of the support files (pgxs) needed to build with mingw.
> So you've got to build postgresql first and then build pljava against
> that. Your specific error looks like a problem building java code
> which shouldn't be affected by the above, so I'm not exactly sure
> what's going on. Anyways, the windows build is tricky so I've put up a
> test release (with my patch and your fix) here:
>
> http://ejurka.com/pgsql/pljava/wohrer/
>
> Kris Jurka

University of Vienna
Institute for Scientific Computing