Re: [HACKERS] plperl and pltcl installcheck targets

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: "Patches (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] plperl and pltcl installcheck targets
Date: 2005-05-14 17:59:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

> OK, here's what I have. The tgz file contains the sql and expected
> directories for the 3 PLs, plus there's a patch for the makefiles.

Applied with minor editorialization to make it more like the contrib
installcheck process.

I added a "make installcheck" target in the src/pl directory, so that
you can just fire that one make instead of having to check which PLs
are actually configured.

It occurs to me that maybe we should just add src/pl to the toplevel
installcheck target, which would make the whole thing pretty
automatic. However, contrib isn't in that target, so maybe the PLs
shouldn't be either. Thoughts?