Segmentation fault (core dumped) loading data on 8.3 upgrade: undefined symbol 'pg_valid_server_encoding_id',lazy binding failed!

From: Chris Paul <chris(dot)paul(at)sentinare(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Segmentation fault (core dumped) loading data on 8.3 upgrade: undefined symbol 'pg_valid_server_encoding_id',lazy binding failed!
Date: 2008-03-13 16:13:50
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello pgsql-general,

I exported an 8.2.6 database and am trying to load it on 8.3.0. I get
this error:

[postgres(at)prague:/var/postgres]$ ql -d postgres <
bak/dump.bak <
/usr/local/bin/psql:/usr/local/bin/psql: undefined symbol
'pg_valid_server_encoding_id'
lazy binding failed!
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
0m0.01s real 0m0.00s user 0m0.00s system

One possible clue: I am using OpenBSD with the amd64 kernel, but the
machine I'm loading it on is Intel Core Duo while the source machine
where the backup was made is an Opteron system. Could this be the
problem? At the moment, I don't have another amd64 machine to try.

Thanks,

CP
--
Chris Paul
Sentinare Messaging Solutions, Inc

material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of,
or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
Sentinare Messaging Solutions, Inc. is a California Corporation.

P Please don't print this e-mail, unless you really need to.