Re: We should get active / Wiki choice

From: Jean-Paul Argudo <jean-paul(at)postgresqlfr(dot)org>
To: Koen Martens <gmc(at)sonologic(dot)nl>
Cc: Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de>, Cédric Villemain <cedric(dot)villemain(at)dalibo(dot)com>, damien(at)dalibo(dot)info, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: We should get active / Wiki choice
Date: 2008-02-26 10:59:29
Lists: pgeu-general

Hi,

>> Do you frankly think any of us is a "stupid user" ?
>> Surely not, hey?
>
> All users are stupid (select * from users where clue>1).

Yes, I got that thinkgeek tshirt too. But it is more likely "where clue>0".

> Susanne's point is a valid one. If you are mixing public and private
> content, and require the user to fill in the appropriate ACL on each
> page, mistakes will be made (see recent cock-ups on the ffii moinmoin
> installation).

Oh sure. This will the same with every tool on earth. PBKAC !

> However, if you have a properly configured wiki, with good access
> control support, you can take that burden from the user and avoid
> mistakes like that. Mediawiki [...]

Yes, Mediawiki... well, we know.

> I mentioned TWiki,[...]

I personaly prefer dokuwiki. It has the same attributes in terms of
security that you mentionned. What do ppl think here?

Note I have no problem if TWiki is finaly installed. I just need a wiki,
quickly.

> I strongly suspect Susanne indeed has had a bad experience [...]

Maybe.

Thanks for your proposal! Let me resume:

TWiki : 1
dokuwiki : 1

--
Jean-Paul Argudo