Re: Bouncing replies [was: SQL standards in Mysql]

From: Colin Wetherbee <cww(at)denterprises(dot)org>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bouncing replies [was: SQL standards in Mysql]
Date: 2008-02-25 21:33:06
Lists: pgsql-sql

Dean Gibson (DB Administrator) wrote:
> On 2008-02-22 21:34, Scott Marlowe wrote:
>
>> Bouncing messages from a public list is kinda rude.
>>
> No more so, than sending two copies of your reply to me, because you
> don't go up to your mailer's "To:" line and manually delete the extra
> address (as I do on EVERY reply I send to this list).

This is twice in as many days my old iLamp mail machine has been set
aflame by the fires of a heated discussion about how a mailing list's
reply-to is set. It gets hot enough just running Thunderbird.

If you're going to continue this off-topic discussion, might I suggest
taking it off-list?

Interestingly, yesterday's flame-war took place because someone was
adamant about just the opposite of your argument.

Colin