Foreign key dialog

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Foreign key dialog
Date: 2007-12-11 23:20:56
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

I was looking at a foreign key details. I wonder why the "FK index name"
is only available on the dialog. Or is it the same thing that the
"Covering index" on the details table ?

Last one (and this is why I'm looking at this right now), if I drop this
index and display the details of the foreign key with the foreign key
dialog, I see that a name is displayed despite the fact that there's no
such index. And the SQL tab says nothing has changed because the auto
index checkbox is not checked.

All this seems a bit disturbing.

ISTM that either the "Auto Index" checkbox should be checked or the "FK
index name" should be disabled till "Auto Index" checkbox is checked.

Comments?

Regards.

--
Guillaume.