Re: Parsed Query Trees

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: Kevin Neufeld <kneufeld(at)refractions(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Parsed Query Trees
Date: 2007-11-05 22:53:48
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Kevin Neufeld wrote:
> Does anyone know if a parsed query tree object is exposed in the jdbc
> API? I couldn't find any such thing, nor could I find it in the
> developers roadmap.

No, and the reason is that the JDBC driver doesn't actually parse the
query beyond some basic manipulations to find parameter placeholders and
so on. All the real parsing happens on the server side, and I don't know
of a way to get access to the server's query tree as a client. (It's
debatable how useful that would be, anyway)

-O