Re: Slow regression tests on windows

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Gevik Babakhani <pgdev(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Slow regression tests on windows
Date: 2007-11-05 16:01:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> From what I can see MinGW regression is somewhat slower than MSVC (and
>> even than Cygwin) on my buildfarm VM that runs all three, even though
>> the latter two are rate limited by MAX_CONNECTIONS.
>>

> Uh, you're saying MSVC and Cygwin somehow differ from MingW?

I'm saying my buildfarm members differ from each other.

In fact, on the last run of each, MinGW was by far the slowest and
Cygwin the fastest in the "make check" step. But there could be any
number of reasons for that, including extraneous activity on the VM host
that could have slowed the whole VM down.

Anyway, comparing regression test speeds is probably not very productive.

cheers

andredw