Re: current_user changes immediately after login

From: Christian Schröder <cs(at)deriva(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: current_user changes immediately after login
Date: 2007-11-01 06:37:28
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom Lane wrote:
> =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Christian_Schr=F6der?= <cs(at)deriva(dot)de> writes:
>
>> I have a strange problem: When I connect to one of my databases, the
>> current_user immediatly changes without any interaction from my side.
>>

> That's bizarre. Do you have anything in ~/.psqlrc? I'm also wondering
> (though too lazy to experiment) whether this effect could be produced
> via "ALTER DATABASE foo SET role = bar" ... checking
> pg_database.datconfig would be enough to eliminate that idea ...

I had found the problem just before I read your mail and you are
perfectly right with your guess: These are the corresponding entries
from the pg_database system catalog (without the datacl column):

datname | datconfig
---------+----------------
testdb | {role=itstaff}

So it seems that one of the users (one with the appropriate permissions
for this database) has issued this "alter database" command (probably
without really understanding what he did *g*).
After "alter database testdb reset role" everything is ok now.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Christian

--
Deriva GmbH Tel.: +49 551 489500-42
Financial IT and Consulting Fax: +49 551 489500-91

Deriva CA Certificate: http://www.deriva.de/deriva-ca.cer