Re: hardware and For PostgreSQL

From: Ron St-Pierre <ron(dot)pgsql(at)shaw(dot)ca>
To: Joe Uhl <joeuhl(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Ketema Harris <ketema(at)ketema(dot)net>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: hardware and For PostgreSQL
Date: 2007-10-31 22:01:34
Lists: pgsql-performance

Joe Uhl wrote:
> I realize there are people who discourage looking at Dell, but i've been
> very happy with a larger ball of equipment we ordered recently from
> them. Our database servers consist of a PowerEdge 2950 connected to a
> PowerVault MD1000 with a 1 meter SAS cable.

We have a similar piece of equipment from Dell (the PowerEdge), and when
we had a problem with it we received excellent service from them. When
our raid controller went down (machine < 1 year old), Dell helped to
diagnose the problem and installed a new one at our hosting facility,
all within 24 hours.

fyi

Ron