Re: Please change default characterset for database cluster

From: Anton Andreev <fn30762(at)fmi(dot)uni-sofia(dot)bg>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Please change default characterset for database cluster
Date: 2007-09-30 19:09:45
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Get a VPS - Virtual Private Server. Mine is 29$ and it is fine for 480MB
RAM and enough disk space. I am a full admin on my server, so I install
and configure Postgresql without problem.

YES! I agree that the default encoding must be UTF-8. I started using
Postgresql, cause I had problems with encodings in Mysql! :)

p.s. I had problems indeed. On my VPS I am unable to change the language
for non-unicode programs, so it is left to English United States, which
bothers Postgresql with my database encoding WIN, but that is another story.