Re: BUG #3594: Error while compilation --`PQexecParams' undeclared (first use this function)

From: "Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Anil" <anil_gw(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #3594: Error while compilation --`PQexecParams' undeclared (first use this function)
Date: 2007-09-03 07:51:14
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Anil wrote:
> I am trying to insert data to the table using PQexecParams API, but find
> errors as
>
> `PQexecParams' undeclared (first use this function) while compilation of the
> source code.
>
> Above is unexpected errors, since all others Postgres API complies and work
> correctly. I verified the input arguments passed/ include path for libray/
> header files, and have tried all possbile cases to rectify this error but
> coulnd't do so.

PQexecParams was introduced in version 7.4. I noted that you're running
a 2.4 era kernel, so it's quite possible that your Linux distribution
came with PostgreSQL 7.3 and installed the header files in
/usr/src/include. Make sure the new header files come first in the
include path, or remove the old version altogether.

--
Heikki Linnakangas