Re: SQL Macros in QueryTool. Code is ready.

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Krzysztof Śmigrodzki <ksmigrod(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Subject: Re: SQL Macros in QueryTool. Code is ready.
Date: 2007-06-29 14:49:13
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Krzysztof Śmigrodzki wrote:
> The code is available at:
> http://www.adal.com.pl/pgadmin3/
>
> Diff does not include xrcDialogs.cpp nor changes to vcproj (one need to
> add that files manually to project).
>
> This diff is stored on my employer page, so it will be removed in few
> weeks.
>
> Please give it a try, and write what should be changed.

Hi Krzysiek

That was somewhat quicker than I'd expected. This is a pretty neat
feature so as it's so I'd really like to squeeze it into SVN now despite
being a ocuple of days into feature freeze. Does anyone object? Guillaume?

So, code-wise I think there's maybe 10 minutes of stylistic changes and
some messages that I'd like to tweak. Oh, and Ctrl-F1 (and possibly
more) don't work for me, so I'll change it to Alt-F1). Other than that,
I don't think there are any real code issues. It could do with more
commenting, but then so could much of the existing code.

The macro management dialog is laid out OK, but some of the controls are
quite tightly packed. I think it needs a little tweaking to ensure there
are 5d borders around some of the controls to stop them looking so
packed together.

Finally, the documentation page is missing from the patch.

So, if you can handle the last two issues, and everyone else is happy, I
think we can probably get this in.

Sound good?

Thanks, Dave.