Re: Proposed Feature

From: Tony Caduto <tony_caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposed Feature
Date: 2007-06-22 22:58:56
Lists: pgsql-general

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Naz Gassiep wrote:
>
>> I'm using PG on windows for the first time (as of about 6 minutes ago).
>> I was thinking that it would be great to have a system tray icon with a
>> running indicator, kind of like the way Apache2.x for windows has, or
>> even MSSQL. Perhaps the PG logo with a small white circle with a red
>> square or a green triangle in the same fashion.
>> Just a thought.
>>

> And what does the icon show or do?

That would be pretty easy to do with Delphi.
I could whip something up and donate it to the project with a BSD license.

It could be a green "Play" arrow if the service is running and a red one
if it is not, then have a few right click options
to start/stop/restart the service.

I was thinking the same thing awhile back, but forgot about it.

Later,

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design