Re: permission denied for schema

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: jef peeraer <jef(dot)peeraer(at)telenet(dot)be>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: permission denied for schema
Date: 2007-06-22 23:56:19
Lists: pgsql-general

jef peeraer <jef(dot)peeraer(at)telenet(dot)be> writes:
> Tom Lane schreef:
>> That's a foreign-key check, which is supposed to be done as the owner of
>> the table. You did not show us who owns table clienten, but I think
>> that role must be missing the intended(?) membership in deterp_group.

> registratie=# \z deterp.clienten;
> Access privileges for database "registratie"
> Schema | Name | Type | Access privileges
> --------+----------+-------+------------------------------------------
> deterp | clienten | table | {jpe=arwdxt/jpe,deterp_group=arwdxt/jpe}

Hmm. This doesn't actually say so, but I think that jpe must be the
owner of clienten, and he's also the owner of the schema. Which makes
the failure really darn odd.

I tried to reproduce the situation on 8.1.9 and couldn't see any
problem. I do not see anything in the 8.1 CVS history that looks
related, but it's slightly possible this is a bug that's fixed between
8.1.3 and 8.1.9 (and even if that is not the case, you really really
ought to update anyway).

Would you see if the problem recurs if you do a pg_dump -s and load the
schema into a fresh database? If it doesn't, perhaps there is some
weird corruption in the ACL entries. If it is reproducible, please post
the complete schema (or enough of it to reproduce the problem) to
pgsql-bugs.