Re: The Business Case for PostgreSQL

From: Lukas Kahwe Smith <smith(at)pooteeweet(dot)org>
To: Liam O'Duibhir <liamod(at)fast(dot)fujitsu(dot)com(dot)au>
Subject: Re: The Business Case for PostgreSQL
Date: 2007-06-15 09:28:02
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Liam O'Duibhir wrote:
> All,
>
> I have posted to Advocacy before about the Business Case for PostgreSQL
> initiative.
>
> I am pleased to announce that a full-colour A4 and US print-format PDF
> copy of the "Business Case for PostgreSQL" document is now available
> from the Fujitsu Supported PostgreSQL (FSP) website:
>
> http://postgresql.fastware.com/community/business_case_for_postgresql

Very nice .. one area where I was not sure if the message comes across
just right is under the title "Stop paying for software modules you
don't need". I think this could be interpreted as an excuse for lack of
features.

Maybe things like contrib should be mentioned here or the fact that
there are multiple different bundles that are based on PostgreSQL that
tailor to specific types of users?

regards,
Lukas