The Business Case for PostgreSQL

From: "Liam O'Duibhir" <liamod(at)fast(dot)fujitsu(dot)com(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: The Business Case for PostgreSQL
Date: 2007-06-15 04:23:08
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

All,

I have posted to Advocacy before about the Business Case for PostgreSQL
initiative.

I am pleased to announce that a full-colour A4 and US print-format PDF copy
of the "Business Case for PostgreSQL" document is now available from the
Fujitsu Supported PostgreSQL (FSP) website:

http://postgresql.fastware.com/community/business_case_for_postgresql

We think it looks pretty good!

Because this is essentially a marketing document, we have also made
available the Adobe Illustrator (.ai) files which can be used by graphic
designers to alter the document to suit a particular purpose. These are
downloadable from the FSP site, but will hopefully also be available in
PgFoundry very shortly.

Anyone who wishes can contact us and seek an invitation to contribute to the
content of this document -- it is available as a Google Doc:

http://docs.google.com/View.aspx?docid=dfd3vbhv_0dd3hvh

The document is licensed under a Creative Commons license.

However, as we hope this document will prove to be a useful marketing tool
for PostgreSQL, we are particularly interested in contributions from
marketing professionals and business people committed to promoting
PostgreSQL to business decision-makers (CIOs, CEOs, CFOs, etc.). The
language of the document is intended to "speak" to this group.

The document is, and will remain, vendor-neutral. It is designed to
exclusively promote open source PostgreSQL as a great business solution for
an organisation's database needs.

Much as happens with PostgreSQL source code in preparation for a release, we
hope to update the Business Case document in a regular cycle.

I look forward to discussing this further with the community and others.

Regards,

Liam O'Duibhir