Re: buildfarm's typedefs list has gone completely nutso

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: buildfarm's typedefs list has gone completely nutso
Date: 2019-07-18 16:17:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 18 Jul 2019, at 17:42, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> return
> if (exists $oconf->{dow}
> && grep { $_ eq $wday } @{ $oconf->{dow} });
>
> I'm the world's worst Perl programmer, but isn't that backwards?
> It seems like it will return undef if today matches any entry
> of the dow list, making dow a blacklist of weekdays *not* to run
> the step on.

As it’s in a scalar context, grep will return the number of times for which the
condition is true against the list entries, so if $oconf->{dow} doesn’t have
duplicates it will return 1 if $wday is found on the list. This will in turn
make the condition true as the exists expression must be true for grep to at
all execute.

cheers ./daniel