Re: Using MS Access front-end with PG]

From: Paul Lambert <paul(dot)lambert(at)autoledgers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Using MS Access front-end with PG]
Date: 2007-04-04 03:00:45
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> You could preface all your queries with something like:
>
> select * from foo where lower(bar) = lower('qualifer');
>
> But that seems a bit silly.
>
> Joshua D. Drake

I'm trying to avoid having to alter all of my queries, per the OP I've
got several hundred if not thousands of them and if I have to change
them all to put lower() around all the text, that is a lot of time.

If I have to do that I will, I'm just curious if there was an ability to
tell pg to not be case sensitive when doing lookups.

Judging by the responses so far, there is not... so I'll get to work :)

--
Paul Lambert
Database Administrator