Re: tsearch2 regression test failures

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, PGSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: tsearch2 regression test failures
Date: 2007-03-26 13:35:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru> writes:
>
>> ! pbuf = buf;
>> ! while( !isspace( *pbuf ) )
>> ! pbuf++;
>> ! *pbuf = '\0';
>>

> Surely the loop needs to look like
>
> while (*pbuf && !isspace(*pbuf))
> pbuf++;

Yes.

But in any case, I am having difficulty in understanding why we are
seeing a CR at all - the file should be opened in text mode, which
should translate CR-LF in the file to a simple LF in the buffer. So
regardless of the odd behavior of CVSNT, which presumabye caused this
mess, it's rather strange.

Can someone please explain?

cheers

andrew