Re: European Group

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: European Group
Date: 2007-03-03 00:40:33
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hi Gabriele,

You went on #postgresqlfr two times and we didn't had the time to chat a
bit. I'm sorry about this. We'll try to do better next time :)

Gabriele Bartolini a écrit :
> [...]
> While organising the first edition of the Italian PostgreSQL Day,
> which day after day is getting the proportion of an European
> conference rather than national, we faced a few problems: the lack of
> promotional materials in Italian.

PostgresSQLfr has some if you want.

http://svn.postgresqlfr.org/browser/materials/advocacy/trunk/brochurePG.odt?format=raw
is our 2006 flyer for Solutions Linux. I can send you the current one by
email. Susanne has our last flyers, perhaps she can bring them at
PGday.it as I read on the IRC that she wants to come.

We don't have much more materials. PostgreSQLde had more stuff at
FOSDEM. I took some of them with me to try something in French.

> One problem of shipping brochures, gadgets, etc. from the US is not
> only delivery costs, but charges, taxes, and delays due to custom
> checks. In some cases even loss of boxes.

Perhaps dalibo can do something for this. I'll talk with them about that.

> I believe that an organised community of European PUGs (synergy of
> local PUGs) together with rational localisation processes could reduce
> the costs and guarantee a high level of uniformity around the world,
> with better and more efficient outcomes from a promotional point of
> view.

Yep, could be interesting.

> Anyway, if you are interested, we could even dedicate some time
> regarding this issue during the next PGDay, which will be held in
> Prato, Tuscany on July 7 2007.

Perhaps I can make it. I'm not sure actually. I'll try to see if others
in the french community are interested to come. To talk on this issue (
EU), I think they'll be. Unfortunately, there is also RMLL (Libre
Software Meeting) the week after. PostgreSQLfr will have a booth
there... hmmm, it'll be a bit hard to be everywhere but we can try.

If you want a french translation for your PGday.it website, I can work
on it.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.