Re: SCMS question

From: Ron Mayer <rm_pg(at)cheapcomplexdevices(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: SCMS question
Date: 2007-02-23 23:54:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Yes, it's nice. Consider this: Andrew develops some changes to PL/perl
> in his branch. Neil doesn't like something in those changes, so he
> commits a fix there.

If I understand right, another advantage is that the SCM will keep
track of which of those changes came from Neil and which from Andrew
and that this history will be preserved when eventually merged with head.
In contrast, with CVS I think detailed history of changes within Andrew's
branch would be lost and only recorded as one large checkin in CVS.
Right?