Re: Translations not even working?

From: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Translations not even working?
Date: 2007-02-17 16:03:01
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi,

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Can someone verify if what we have now *even works*? I've been trying
> for a while to make sure that works, but I can't make it :-(
>
> I configured my browser to prefer French, but I still only get served
> the English pages. This is both from www and wwwmaster. The only page I
> know that's actually translated is the presskit, available at
> http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/presskit82.html.
>
> Can someone confirm if this thing *ever* shows up translated based on
> the language in the browser? (I know there are direct links to the
> translated version, that's something completely different. I'm talking
> about the automatically-show-the-correct-language stuff)

I confirm that it displays in Russian for me, *if* you access it as
http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/presskit82

If you access that as http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/presskit82.html then
content negotiation is not performed. See the docs for Apache:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/content-negotiation.html