Re: Stored Procedure examples

From: Paul Lambert <paul(dot)lambert(at)autoledgers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Walter Vaughan <wvaughan(at)steelerubber(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Stored Procedure examples
Date: 2007-02-14 23:09:01
Lists: pgsql-general

Walter Vaughan wrote:

> This may not help, but I noticed using pgAdminIII, you can create a
> procedure or a function, but they seem to have the same creation
> interface and use the same icon.

A procedure is a function that returns null.

You'll note if you create a procedure under pgAdminIII, it gets saved
under functions, not under procedures.

I spent a couple of minutes a few days back trying to find all the
procedures I'd just created only to note that they were in fact sitting
under functions. I couldn't see them under procedures, but when I tried
to create them again I was told they already existed... it was hair
pulling stuff there for a couple of minutes.

--
Paul Lambert
Database Administrator