Re: Multi-language to be or not to be

From: Tino Wildenhain <tino(at)wildenhain(dot)de>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, Adrian Maier <adrian(dot)maier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Multi-language to be or not to be
Date: 2007-02-13 06:03:07
Lists: pgsql-www

Magnus Hagander schrieb:
> Okay. Let me then ask the other thing that we really haven't discussed:
> Do we want the language site to be served up automatically. That's
> really what the code is all about today. If your browser is set to
> prefer French, we'll serve up the French version of the page (if
> available). While convenient, I personally don't like sites that do this
> for me (I've reconfigured my browser to put English as the top language
> for that reason).
> Now if we *don't* want this, the comment about incomplete translations
> fall - then you will only see that which is translated.

Well, you see this happen on Debian.org for example and I find it
ok. (While I usually set my browser to english as first language
anyway). This also makes it easy to see where translation might
be needed so anybody can jump in.

Speaking of jump in - so how do we do translation? I might take
some of the manual pages to translate to german at least. Maybe
some russian too but I'm not a native speaker, so probably not ;-)

Regards
Tino