Re: Proposal: allow installation of any contrib module

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, nikolay(at)samokhvalov(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposal: allow installation of any contrib module
Date: 2007-01-25 18:39:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Teodor Sigaev wrote:
>> This might be a good idea, but it's hardly transparent; it can be
>> counted on to break the applications of just about everyone using those
>> modules today.
>
> Hmm, can we make separate schema for all contib modules and include it
> in default search_path? It will not touchs most users.

Oh now that is interesting... something like a contrib schema that
everything is loaded into? That would would work nicely and removes a
lot of problems.

People can use the modules if they want, they don't have to enable the
functions but they aren't in the way of their app or db either.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

http://www.commandprompt.com/