Re: Bug in Exporter V1.6.X

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Mathias Durst <mathias(dot)durst(at)ezi(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org, mike(at)thegodshalls(dot)com
Subject: Re: Bug in Exporter V1.6.X
Date: 2007-01-10 14:09:24
Lists: pgadmin-support

Mathias Durst wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I found a bug in the export routine in both pgAdminIII V 1.6.1 and 1.6.2
> My client WinXp Home SP2 with all patches up to date
> My DB pg Ver. 8.1.5 (UTF-8) running on a Linux Box
>

> After issuing a query , it gets, let's say 145 rows.
> When creating a HTML-report, all rows appear.
> When exporting to a CSV-file, SOME rows are empty ";;;;;;;;" - only
> delimiter is there.
> In my case the first few rows from grid (five, three - no real rule
> there ) were missing,
> but the empty lines are allways on the end of the file.
>
> I tried with different encodings, (UTF-8 vs Latin1), rebooting the PC
> etc, same Problem.
>
> I downgraded my PC to pgAdmin1.4.3 - no Problem any more

Mathias;

This bug was seen during beta by Mike iirc (CC'd), however I thought
we'd cured it. I've had another idea about the possible cause and have
worked up a test build which can be found at
http://developer.pgadmin.org/~dpage/pgAdmin3.zip - please download it
and give it a try.

Mike; this may well cure the other problem you reported - can you test
as well please?

Thanks, Dave