Bug in Exporter V1.6.X

From: Mathias Durst <mathias(dot)durst(at)ezi(dot)de>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug in Exporter V1.6.X
Date: 2007-01-10 08:08:31
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi there,

I found a bug in the export routine in both pgAdminIII V 1.6.1 and 1.6.2
My client WinXp Home SP2 with all patches up to date
My DB pg Ver. 8.1.5 (UTF-8) running on a Linux Box

After issuing a query , it gets, let's say 145 rows.
When creating a HTML-report, all rows appear.
When exporting to a CSV-file, SOME rows are empty ";;;;;;;;" - only
delimiter is there.
In my case the first few rows from grid (five, three - no real rule
there ) were missing,
but the empty lines are allways on the end of the file.

I tried with different encodings, (UTF-8 vs Latin1), rebooting the PC
etc, same Problem.

I downgraded my PC to pgAdmin1.4.3 - no Problem any more

As I saw, other people have problems with the exporter too.
Probably you guys have missed something in the code,
when intoducing that HTML-report stuff - which, BTW I really like.

Thanks and regards
Mathais Durst