Re: Updated Press Release Draft

From: Anastasios Hatzis <ahatzis(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Updated Press Release Draft
Date: 2006-09-21 14:09:35
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Josh Berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Ok, now that we have real release notes, I've done a re-draft:
> http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000047/233/release.txt
> ... or in CVS, of course.

Well done, Josh!

> object-relational database management system. This 14th public release
> adds features, maturity, and performance requested by business users,
> delivering manageability comparable to leading proprietary database
> systems. Version 8.2 is expected to drive even more migrations
> toward PostgreSQL.

IMHO 'proprietary' is not the only key... probably instead using
'high-end' or a better synonym which stress out PostgreSQL's ability to
compete with Oracle & Co. and to replace them in a growing number of
production environments?

I aggree with Harald that the cutting edge features should be mentioned
after the buzz-word-compliant features.

It would be fine, if we could give some figures or a number to underlay
the performance message, although figures are relative.

Ani