Re: Temporary Tables

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: moises <moises(at)cedaivc(dot)co(dot)cu>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Temporary Tables
Date: 2006-08-01 15:20:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

moises wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Maybe this question is not logic, but for me is very important.
>

> I was tested some temporary tables and, of course are very fast,
> because they are in memory.
>
> But one table created by one connection, can´t be modified by others
> connections?
>
> I want to know if exist some way to shared a temporary table between 2
> connections.

By definition temp tables are per session. If you want them shared then
you want something other than temp tables.

And they are not always in memory either - otherwise what would happen
to a temp table that was bigger than available memory?

Lastly, this is the wrong list for this question - this list is about
postgres development. You should ask questions like this on pgsql-general.

cheers

andrew