Do checkpoints flush all data from shared buffers ?

From: Fabrice Franquenk <Fabrice(dot)Franquenk(at)bull(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Do checkpoints flush all data from shared buffers ?
Date: 2006-07-05 09:38:28
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello,
I was wondering if each checkpoint would flush all transactions from
the shared buffers or if there could be some left at the end of the
checkpoint ?
Because i was trying to lower I/Os of the disks, i got the checkpoint
timeout lowered to 150 seconds so i get twice the number the checkpoint.
I was hoping it would reduce the number of I/Os on the disks because
there would be less data to write in datafiles...

Thanks in advance for your help

regards,
Fabrice Franquenk