Re: Problem with 'postgres' db with 8.0 on a MacBook

From: Markus Schiltknecht <markus(at)bluegap(dot)ch>
To: Jonathon McKitrick <jcm(at)FreeBSD-uk(dot)eu(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem with 'postgres' db with 8.0 on a MacBook
Date: 2006-06-07 13:29:19
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Jonathon,

does the following command succeed?

# psql template1 -c "CREATE DATABASE test;"

The database 'postgres' is a system table which has been added in 8.2
(or 8.1 already, dunno). It should exist if you used the correct initdb
and postmaster.

What does psql -l say?

And did you recheck permissions in pg_hba.conf?

BTW: nice laptop, isn't it? Linux still needs some work to run it,
tough. But I'm getting there ;-)

Regards

Markus