plperl - make $_TD global

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: "Patches (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: plperl - make $_TD global
Date: 2006-05-22 21:14:29
Lists: pgsql-patches

The attached tiny patch will fix the problem Greg Sabino Mullane had
with a shared lexical $_TD, by making it a global and just pushing a
local value in the trigger function.

I don't think what we had is strictly a bug, so I don't thinbk we need
top backpatch this.

It will, however, require use of perl 5.6 at a minimum, because that's
when the "our" function came in. Since that was over 6 years ago, I
think this is not unreasonable. If there are squawks, I have another
slightly longer and slightly more old-fashioned way to do the same
thing, but this is the best modern way.

I don't think a docs change is needed.

If there's no objection I will apply thin in a few days.

cheers

andrew

Attachment Content-Type Size
plperl-td.patch text/x-patch 681 bytes