Re: geo_decls.h oopsie...

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Dann Corbit" <DCorbit(at)connx(dot)com>
Cc: "Hackers List" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: geo_decls.h oopsie...
Date: 2002-02-14 01:07:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Dann Corbit" <DCorbit(at)connx(dot)com> writes:
> But to compare floating point, those are simply wrong.

See previous discussions concerning the quality of the builtin geometric
types. Not clear that it's worth worrying about, unless you want to go
in for a wholesale overhaul. My own opinion is that PostGIS will
supersede the need for these types...

> Here is a more reliable way to make a comparison:

Not like that. Perhaps use a fraction of the absolute value of the
one with larger absolute value. As-is it's hard to tell how FLT_EPSILON
is measured.