Re: Strange Update query ...

From: Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Hélder M(dot) Vieira" <hmv(at)mail(dot)telepac(dot)pt>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Strange Update query ...
Date: 2006-04-01 23:12:39
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hélder M. Vieira wrote:

> I tried to replicate the situation you describe, without success.
> I guess ADO for some reason is trying to build an SQL statement
> corresponding to a parameter query.
> I'd bet on a ADO misinterpretation of your intention caused by the
> myvalue1, myvalue2 and myvalue3 data types.
> Could you post the DIM statements of those variables ?

Isn't myfieldx timestamp or float type ?
If I remember correctly, ADO builds the SQL statement
UPDATE mytable SET
myfield1=myvalue1,myfield2=myvalue2,myfield3=myvalue3 WHERE (id=6 AND
myfield1=current_value1 AND myfield2=current_value2 AND
myfield3=current_value3 )'

The clauses after the "AND" are for optimistic concurrency control by
vaues but
the clause could be false if it contains timestamp or float field,

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue