Re: Temporal Databases, offtopic - relative updates

From: "pgsql-general(at)list(dot)coretech(dot)ro" <pgsql-general(at)list(dot)coretech(dot)ro>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Temporal Databases, offtopic - relative updates
Date: 2006-02-28 11:40:47
Lists: pgsql-general

hello,

I have a somehow related question to this topic: is it possible to know
(in postgresql) if an update on a column is absolute (set col = 3) or
relative to it's previous value (set col = col + 3)
in a trigger one have access to OLD row values and NEW row values, but
no correlation between the two. is this type of information available
somewhere in postgresql ?

thanks,
Razvan Radu