Re: Viewing Database Scheme

From: "Roderick A(dot) Anderson" <raanders(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Viewing Database Scheme
Date: 2006-01-28 23:24:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Rich Shepard wrote:
> I'm trying to help the XRMS developers add postgres support ('cause
> that's
> what I use). They've done well so far with help from other postgres users,
> but now I've been asked to help getting the indices correct.

Hi Rich. Seems once again we're meeting in the same places. The
Internet sure seems small sometimes.

I saw all the other posts but you might look at dbwrench ( a Java
application ). Does a lot more than what you need ( plus after 30 days
costs approx. $150 ) but our lead programmer is using it to reverse
engineer a MySQL database he shoe-horned into PostgreSQL. He loves it.

It has several output formats.

<snip />

Rod